Excerpt from RESA's 2016 'The Consumer's Guide to Real Estate Staging':
- Buyers often do not have the funds to purchase a home then pay more money to address repairs, painting, etc. Buyers realize and appreciate the benefits of purchasing a professionally staged property.
- Professionally-staged properties show better than competing ones for sale, including new construction homes and higher-priced properties.
- Staged properties can increase the number of offers and selling price in hot markets.
Buyers view professionally-staged listings as 'well-maintained’.
Buyers’ agents recognize that professionally-staged listings are “move-in” ready and are more inclined to show staged properties.
Photos of professionally-staged listings look better on the MLS, as well as in print.
Professionally staged listings “STAND-OUT” in prospective buyers’ minds.
- the first 5 to 10 days a property is on the market are when the most people (buyers, agents, brokers) will tour the property. Make sure they see it in its best light.
- On average, a buyer tours a property in less than 6 minutes and racks up every little thing in their mind that's left incomplete or is less than desirable (unfinished repairs, walls that need painted, outdated flooring, uncleanliness, etc.) Your job is to remove ALL reasons for the buyer to offer you one cent less than the asking price.
- The average seller is 57 years old and the average buyer is 32 years old. Be sure your house is staged to appeal to the buyer who is most likely to make an offer.
- Curb appeal is critical. If your property's exterior and landscaping don't invite buyers inside, no amount of interior staging is going to sell your home.