Research shows that at least 7 out of 10 buyers want move-in ready and ... they are willing to pay more money for it! So, it only makes sense that every possible thing that can be done to ready a property prior to listing, should be done. That's where the importance of staging comes in. When it comes to updates and repairs, stagers know where the best return on investment will be and it doesn't have to break the bank.
According to a recent article in 'Staging Standard Magazine', some of the best returns on investment include:
- Clean and declutter: 586% return
- Lighten and brighten: 313% return
- Enhance landscaping: 258% (think of curb appeal as the wrapping paper on a gift)
- Update kitchen and bathrooms: 172% return (these sell houses ... if kitchen and baths exceed expectations, they are willing to compromise on other wants)
- Replace or clean carpets: 169% return (an important, frequent request of buyers)
- Paint interior: 109% (number one interior feature most buyers want today)
Selling is not about personal taste. A stager's goal is to get the seller's property ready so it appeals to the largest number of buyers so that it sells quickly and for the most money!
Before and Afters